Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Editor is Still Working Hard on the Book: More Than A Ticket Props to Jets

As you know by now, this blog is about my book: More Than A Ticket     Props to Jets

There is a celebrity section in the book and having been a passenger on one of my flights Ricardo Montalban is mentioned. This is how he looked.

Ricardo Montalban
Ricardo Montalban






How did it all start?  Well one day in January and the year was 2009, as I sat watching TV and I seldom do that kind of activity, I said to my son Daniel, " I remember Ricardo Montalban. He just died." Daniel suggested that I start a blog to share my life as a stewardess and to talk to the blog about this and that. Who lived and who died and when I knew them; would be of interest to some body over 70 years and still growing.  With absolutely no idea how to start a blog, Daniel sat down with his mom, me, and away we went  into a world I never would have imagined  I would be a part of and still here I sit trying to think of something to say. And really, it is not difficult for me to prattle on and on. 

My blog morphed into a book: More Than A Ticket   Props to Jets
It has been a significant  journey for me. As I write and write, I find out more about me; who I am and who I want to be.  

I have a really great editor and she is working at the task of putting the words together for a delightful read. Kudos to Lauren! 

Thanks for dropping by and have a Happy Heart Day.


4 comments:


  1. I have started another blog. This time about the celebrities on my flights. There is a section in the book about them. I will highlight a different individual each day. Today it is Ricardo Montalban. He was a really nice gentleman. As a family man, he married Georgiana Young (née Georgiana Paula Belzer; September 10, 1924–November 13, 2007), who had a brief acting and modeling career, in 1944; they had four children. Georgiana was the half-sister of the actresses Sally Blane, Polly Ann Young, and movie and television star Loretta Young, who nicknamed her "Georgie". After sixty-three years of marriage, she died at the age of 83, It is reported that his Catholic religion was the most important thing to him. I appreciated the opportunity of welcoming him aboard our flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be the first one to buy your book. Tell me how!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. AUTHORED BY ARGIE HOSKINS

      More Than a Ticket Flying with American Airlines from Props to Jets

      Table of Contents

      Acknowledgmexi

      Part One: My Life as a Stewardess
      Chapter 1: A Young Girl from Animas Valley
      Chapter 2: Following My Restless Spirit
      Chapter 3: Stewardess School
      Chapter 4: Grooming for Graduation
      Chapter 5: First Flights
      Chapter 6: A Visit Home
      Chapter 7: Based in and Flying from Los Angeles
      Chapter 8: VIP Passengers before Jet Travel
      Chapter 9: The First Jet Flight
      Chapter 10: Four Friends for the Jets
      Chapter 11: VIP Passengers after Jet Travel
      Chapter 12: Final Flights
      Part Two: On Wings of Time
      Willis Heath Proctor: PILOT AND TRAINER, 1927–1957
      Roy G. Jacobson: MECHANIC AND FLIGHT ENGINEER, 1941–1984
      MaryLou Parkes Whipple: SECRETARY AND STEWARDESS, 1955–1959
      Audrey Radziwon McGinty: STEWARDESS, 1957–1967, 1972–1976
      Gerry McMasters Lockhart: STEWARDESS, 1957–1959
      Polly Harlan Viertel: STEWARDESS, 1957–1958
      Joan Scofield Sheldon STEWARDESS, 1959–1961
      Margaret Bassetti: PASSENGER, JANUARY 25, 1959
      Robert Cawley: PASSENGER
      Diane Miller Engelskirger: STEWARDESS, 1961–1966
      Judi Stilwell Martino: STEWARDESS, 1963–1968


      Tony Vallillo: CAPTAIN, 1977–2008
      Contributors Pictures
      Argie’s Challenges for Success

      Over 250 pictures by impressive professional photographers and personal pictures by contributors.


      Thanks for taking a look. You will enjoy my book. American Airlines 707 Jet Stewardess
      Post: More Than a Ticket Memoirs Flying with American Airlines from Props to Jets
      Link: http://americanairlinesstewardess.blogspot.com/2014/08/more-than-ticket-memoirs-flying-with.html

      Delete
  3. I love hearing your stories. Please keep writing and telling your fascinating story

    ReplyDelete